Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Forget Me Not”

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Wanna Get Away?

There is definitely a range of emotions you go through when trying to conceive. My days seem to flip-flop - some days I am completely content with where I am in life, and full of confidence and hope that some day I will get to hold my own new child in my arms. Other days, I want to lay down in bed and sleep and sleep and sleep, just to get rid of the longing ache I feel. I see pictures of happy, giggling babies, and I think "aw, how cute! When I have kids I want...." and then realize that's an opportunity that my never come my way.

I'm sure I would get a lot of flak from people for being so negative - but it's not so much that I'm negative, but that if I assume that I will get pregnant really easily, I feel like I am setting myself up for heartache. I've taken dozens of pregnancy tests over the last year, and each negative response hurts just a little more. Not only is there the pain of not having something that I want so dearly, but there is also the feeling of inadequacy, and the guilt that I can't give Eric the family that he wants, too. I KNOW it's not my fault, but it's still hard to not blame myself sometimes.

That being said, it's been a rough week this week - more than usual. After a complete mental breakdown a few nights ago, I decided to do something I never do  - be spontaneous! Without telling Eric beforehand, I went and booked a night at our favorite hotel resort (complete with in-room jacuzzi). Wednesday night is going to be our night just to take a night off from the world - no work, no family, no company - and just relax. Hooray! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment