Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Forget Me Not”

Friday, August 3, 2012

Learning to spell opthamology...

I went to the opthamologist today. He told me that my eyes look really good, with no signs of infection, swelling, or damage. Actually, he said that he just published a medical journal report about the side effects of Clomid on vision, so this was an area he was comfortable with. Clomid was giving me what are known as tracers - essentially, when I move my hand in front of my face, a ghost hand follows a split second later.. now imagine the walls, people, stationary objects - any time my eyes move, a ghost image follows everything. Freaky, right?
Anyway, Dr. Myers (the opth.) said that this is a really minor side effect, and one that he doesn't expect to cause any damage.He gave me the all-clear to continue doing Clomid if I want/need to. Actually, what he said is "if there's another treatment, do it; but I have no concerns if your doctor wants to put you back on Clomid at some point".
I think I"ll call Dr. Willmore on Monday and see what he thinks. I suppose there is still the matter of Clomid not working,but I would really like one more chance.. it obviously worked once.

No comments:

Post a Comment