Never stop striving for the best that is within you. Never stop hoping for all of the righteous desires of your heart. But don’t close your eyes and hearts to the simple and elegant beauties of each day’s ordinary moments that make up a rich, well-lived life. -Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Forget Me Not”

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Emotions

I can't decide if I am starting to feel better or not. I cried for the first two days straight. I don't think I even left my bed for those two days. After that, the numbness kind of set in. I was grateful for everything that had happened - that my miscarriage had been so early; there was no pain; there was not as many expectations; we hadn't told many people, etc. I still am thankful for the experience, in a way.

But at the same time, it has got to be the hardest thing I've ever been through. My doctor went over the stages of grief with Eric and I when we went in to see him. Most people tend to go through angry stages, hurt stages, hopeful stages, etc. Pretty much all I feel is jealousy. It's hard to go to church, where more than a quarter of the couples have new babies. It's hard to be around friends who are pregnant, because that's where I want to be so badly. I've even considered turning my back on facebook, because every other post seems to be someone announcing their pregnancy. I want so badly to be happy for these friends of mine, but it's so dang hard. And then I feel guilty for the self-pity. Please, Lord, can't I just have a baby of my own to hold and love?

No comments:

Post a Comment